We’ve pulled references from literature, film and history in order to compile a list of amazing ideas for yearbook quotes – perfect for any yearbook. Whether you’re looking for a funny, inspirational or motivational yearbook quote, I’m certain there’s one for you here.
Trying to sum up your experience in just a few words or sentences is difficult, especially when it’s been years of your life in the process.
Quotes are something we love. They’re everywhere. They sit at the back of your mind and inspire and motivate you. Signing off your profile with a memorable quote is a great way to leave your mark!
Everyone knows Shakespeare and his work!
A popular choice for many students is to use the words of Sir William Shakespeare to sum up their school days, including Hollywood actor Christopher Walken who used an extract in his senior school yearbook.
It can also be fitting if you studied the works of Shakespeare in your English classes as a nice memento. If you’re in need of some yearbook inspiration then why not take your pick from the following quotes from the great bard’s works:
- “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves” – taken from Julius Caesar
- “Go wisely and slowly. Those who rush stumble and fall” – taken from Romeo and Juliet
- “Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them” – taken from Twelfth Night
- “We know what we are, but know not what we may be” – taken from Hamlet
Got any film fans among you?
If so then why not include a quote from one of your favourite films? Everyone has at least one film they can watch on repeat and quote every line of so why not include as your yearbook quote.
Movies have a special way of connecting with us, teaching us and even the power to change us. Be it moving us to tears or giving us the courage and inspiration to keep going, some of the best motivational quotes are stored in 35mm tape. So to encourage in whatever you do and wherever you are in life, take a look at these quotes:
A funny yearbook quote to make them laugh!
You need some comic relief in your yearbook. Some sure-fire one liners are bound to pop up, so you have to be certain they’re good ones. Also, they have to be jokes easily understandable so keep it simple. Here are some ideas you can use for your yearbook quote:
- “[Your Name] just stole my girl!” – Everyone
- …was released from his 4 year sentence
- I cheated on all my exams
- I don’t know what to write, can you just put some quote in for me?
- Don’t follow your dreams, follow my Twitter
- Thanks to school, I learned to right more good
For all the inspirational people out there.
Sayings and phrases that have been said and passed on without hesitation; lines of advice that seem timeless and wholesome. Hopefully, they will inspire you, or settle you into a comfortable rhythm that everything is working out the way it should:
- ”Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart” – Kongzi
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars” – Les Brown
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door” – Milton Berle
- “In response to those who say to stop dreaming and face reality, I say keep dreaming and make reality” – Kristian Kan
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. – Dr. Seuss, taken from Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
- “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be” – Douglas Adams, taken from The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
Now you’re ready to start creating your yearbook and have some awesome content to get started. Our info hub has a great example of how to add Pupil Profile pages to your yearbook.
If you need a little more inspiration here is a great article with some more fun yearbook quotes for your pupils to try out.